Much to the delight of jailbreakers everywhere, Luca Todesco has provided something that Taig, Pangu, and PP have failed to give us; a new jailbreak called Yalu Jailbreak, otherwise known as mach_portal. However, rather than being a straightforward jailbreak, there is something you need to know. Like the PPHelper jailbreak tool, Yalu is semi-untethered [ at the time of writing this article ] and this means that, whenever you reboot your device, you must re-jailbreak it otherwise all your installed tweaks and Cydia will crash. So, the big question is, how do you reactivate your iPhone or iPad after rebooting ? Read on to find out more.
Image : Re Jailbreak Tutorial for Yalu Jailbreak
How to Re Jailbreak Your iOS Device :
- When you reboot your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch after installing Yalu Jailbreak, you will be at your usual lock screen. Unlock your device as you would normally and go to the home screen that has the mach_portal/Yalu app on it
- Just as you would with any other app, launch mach_portal/Yalu app
- Now, because the jailbreak is currently in beta, you won’t be presented with a top-notch user experience. Instead, you will see a blank display screen aka a white screen , this covers up the fact that the jailbreak app is doing what it should do and re jailbreaking your iOS device
- Leave it for about 15 seconds or so without touching your device and the screen should shut down; your device will now be back on your home screen
- That is all you have to do. Simply launch Cydia [ext link] like you would with any other jailbreak and it should all work properly.
Head back into Cydia and download all your favorite apps and packages, making your first one Cydia Eraser [ext link] . This is an important tool because it will allow you to strip the jailbreak off your device without losing your iOS version.
Should Cydia continually crash, taking you back to the Home screen, it will mean that your device has not successfully gone through the re-jailbreak process. Simply repeat the above steps, in the order they are written and it should all work okay.
Other Useful Links :
Hopefully, you will have no trouble with the above steps and should be able to use your jailbreak again. Do let us know if you have any problems with this and, for more of the latest news and all the updates, follow us on Facebook .