The latest update from Apple is the iOS 11.2 download [ext link] and it looks very likely that iOS 11 is following in the footsteps of iOS 10, not just in terms of constant updates but for jailbreaks as well. Just before iOS 10, we were enjoying jailbreaks for every iOS version but, after iOS 10 it all came to a grinding halt. Apple has long been against jailbreaking and promise that they would be introducing measures that would put a stop to it and it seems that they have been semi-successful. We had just one jailbreak with iOS 10 and that was Yalu jailbreak from Luca Todesco, with other teams like PP, Pangu, and Taig, teams we had come to rely on, being highly conspicuous by their absence.
Image : Yalu iOS 11.2 Jailbreak
The fears were that we wouldn’t be seeing a jailbreak for iOS 11, that those who hadn’t updated would be stuck on iOS 10 with their jailbreak and those that did have to do without. The good news is that iOS 11.2 can be jailbroken because Yalu jailbreak has been updated with support for iOS 11.2 so here’s how to do it.
How to Download Yalu Jailbreak iOS 11.2 :
We have two methods for downloading Yalu jailbreak; an easy way and a more advanced method:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
Please note that, if you use any other browser as your primary one, you will still need to use Safari for this method as it is the only one that will work:
- Unlock your iPhone or iPad and open Safari browser
- Tap on the address bar and type in yalujailbreak.org , tap Go
- Now wait until our Yalu webpage has opened and then look for the UP arrow , top right on the iPad and bottom center on the iPhone screen; tap on it
- A new page will load with new options; choose Add to Home Screen
- Now type Yalu in the box so your icon has a name and tap on the Add button
- When you come out of Safari, the Yalu icon will be there on your home screen
Video: Watch to see how to download Yalu Jailbreak on iOS 11.2
Method 2: Yalu Jailbreak App [ Advanced Method ]
As we mentioned earlier, Luca Todesco is the only developer to have provided a jailbreak for us for both iOS 10 and iOS 11. However, as those who used it with iOS 10 found out, it is a limited utility and not all of us can use it.
Image : Yalu iOS 11.2 Jailbreak
- Yalu Jailbreak will only work on 64-bit iPhones, leaving those with the older ones or with iPads without a jailbreak
- The only way to install Yalu jailbreak on your iPhone is through Cydia Impactor [ext link] and you need to have an Apple ID for this. However, you do not need to use your primary ID; you can set up a second account just for this if you prefer
- Yalu is a semi-untethered jailbreak and that means you will need to reactivate it whenever your iPhone is rebooted. However, there is now a tool called Extender Installer that can automate this process for you
So, if you can download Yalu jailbreak and you want to give it a go, check out the links below for more detailed information and download links :
Image : Cydia iOS 11.2
How to Fix Yalu Crashing Issues :
When you install Yalu using Cydia Impactor you need to provide a valid Apple ID, and this causes a problem. Because Apple does not sign the certificate that allows Yalu to run, in their eyes it is invalid, and they will revoke the certificate. You most likely noticed that, within 7 days of installing Yalu it had crashed, and you needed to reinstall it. The only way to stop Apple from revoking the certificate and allowing you to continue using Yalu jailbreak uninterrupted is to download Anti Revoke [ext link], a tool that blocks the certificate from being revoked. Check out the link for more details on what it is and how to download it.
Cydia Alternative :
Here are few reliable Cydia alternative’s that you can download without jailbreaking your iOS device.
Not everyone can download Yau on their iOS device and, to be fair, not everyone wants to. For those, there is an alternative in the form of AppValley. This is one of the app installers released to try and replace Cydia, providing us with Cydia tweaks, premium content for free and modified apps, like Instagram++, Spotify++ and Snapchat++. Downloading it is simple, all you need to do is follow the guide to download AppValley [ext link] at the given link.
Yalu is only available to a handful of people right now, leaving millions without a way to jailbreak and download the games emulators they got used to using. Emus4U is the alternative method to doing this. Emus4U is an app installer released as an alternative to Cydia and gives us back some of the more popular emulators, along with other content, without having to jailbreak first. To download Emus4U [ext link], simply click the link and follow the guide.
So, are you going to install Yalu Jailbreak on iOS 11.2 or can you not use it? For those that can’t, we have a series of app installers that provide us with some of what Cydia does, including AppValley, vShare and TweakBox, all without requiring a jailbreak.
Tell us how you get on and follow us on Facebook for more jailbreak news.