Apple has just released iOS 11.2.1 download [ext link] and it is available for all to take advantage of right now. Jailbreaking has not been done any favors over the last year, with Apple seeming to deliver on their promise that they will quash jailbreaking for good. With iOS 10 we had just one jailbreak to fall back on, Yalu Jailbreak that was brought to us by Luca Todesco. iOS 11 got off to a very slow start but now it looks like we have a jailbreak for iOS 11.2.1 because Yalu has been given the support in absence of anything from Taig, Pangu, PP or any other jailbreak team. Here’s how to download it.
Image : How to get Yalu iOS 11.2.1 Jailbreak App
How to Download Yalu Jailbreak iOS 11.2.1 :
There are three ways for you to download Yalu jailbreak so pick whichever method suits you :
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
This will only work on Safari browser so forget trying any others :
- Open Safari browser on your device and go to yalujailbreak.org
- When our mobile website has loaded, look for and tap on the UP arrow, top right of the iPad screen and bottom center on the iPhone
- Now tap on Add to Home Screen from the options across the bottom of your screen
- Type Yalu into the box provided so that your new icon has a name . Tap on Add and close Safari
- Now the new Yalu icon will be on your home screen
Video: Watch to see how to download Yalu on iOS 11.2.1
Method 2: Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
Please ensure you follow these steps very carefully otherwise we can’t guarantee that Yalu jailbreak will be installed on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari browser and then open this [ link ]
- Tap on Install Directly to iOS Device on the information page that loads, this is the part that lets the profile install on your device
- Wait for your settings app to open on the profile page and tap the link to Install Profile
- If you need to, type in your passcode and then your Safari browser will open
- Tap on Install Yalu and then tap Install on the confirmation message
- Settings opens once more, tap on Install > Next > Done
- Wait for the Yalu installation to finish
Method 3: Yalu Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
This came to us from Luca Todesco, the only developer to help us out this time but it isn’t a full jailbreak and it doesn’t work for everyone :
- Yalu is limited to 64-bit iPhones so those with any other device cannot use it
- You must use Cydia Impactor [ext link] to install Yalu on your device and this requires the use of your Apple ID, you can set up a dummy account if you don’t want to use your primary one
- It is a semi untethered jailbreak which means you must reactivate it each time you reboot your iPhone , a new app called Extender Installer will automate this for you
If you want to download Yalu jailbreak, have a look at the link below for more information and a download guide:
Now you can use Yalu jailbreak to download all your favorite tweaks from Cydia. If it doesn’t work, then you will need to go back over these steps again.
How to Fix Yalu Crashing Issues :
Because you need to use Cydia Impactor and your Apple ID to install Yalu jailbreak you are going to have to deal with it crashing within a few days and every time you reinstall it. This is because Apple can track what apps you use and will revoke the certificates on any that they see as invalid. The only way that you can stop this is to download Anti Revoke [ext link], a VPN configuration tool that blocks Apple from revoking the certificates so check out the linked article for more information and a full download tutorial.
Alternative Apps to Yalu :
Not everyone is able to jailbreak right now but there are alternatives. There are several app installers released with some of what Cydia offered and these can be downloaded without the need to jailbreak. Have a look at these two alternatives:
Tutu-App was one of the first app installers released that worked without a jailbreak. It has a surprising amount of content in it, a reasonable number of Cydia tweaks, some modified apps like Snapchat++ and Pokémon Go++ and access to all the paid app store apps for free. To find out more about what is on offer and how to download Tutu App [ext link], click the given link
Emus4U has already proven a popular alternative for those who can’t install Yalu jailbreak because it is home to many popular games emulators. These emulators are one of the main reasons why some people chose to jailbreak simply because they give us our old-school console games on our devices. There are other apps and tweaks to choose from as well so click the given link to find out more and how to download Emus4U [ext link].
Do tell us if you opt for Yalu jailbreak or one of the app installers and let us know how you get on with it. Follow us on Facebook and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest jailbreak news .