iOS 10 was released to a great fanfare in September 2016 and, so far, there has been no word from any of our usual jailbreak teams on when, or indeed if, we can expect a jailbreak to be released. There have been numerous updates to the firmware but many users have stayed on the original version of iOS 10 in the hopes of being able to jailbreak it and today we can tell you that you can. Luca Todesco has, for the first time, released a jailbreak for the public to use and it is called Yalu.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10 Download
Before You Jailbreak :
We are going to show you how to install Yalu on your iOS 10 device but, first, cast your eye over the following caveats and make sure you understand them fully before you install Yalu.
- This is a beta jailbreak and is likely to be somewhat unstable and have some bugs in it. That said, try it anyway because you can simply Delete Yalu it if it doesn’t work for you.
- Like PPHelper before it, Yalu is a semi-untethered utility and you will need to be prepared to Re-Jailbreaking your device every single time it reboots – more details on that after the guide
- Finally, you will not be able to install Yalu directly on your device like you are used to; instead, Cydia Impactor must be used to side load it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Jailbreak iOS 10 Tutorial :
We have two ways to install the iOS 10 jailbreak so choose the method that suits you:
Method 1: Safari Browser [ Easy Method ]
This will not work on any other browser
- Open the Safari browser on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch
- From the address bar, go to yalujailbreak.org
- Wait for the web page to fully load up before tapping on the UP arrow , it will be at the top or the bottom of the screen
- From the options on your screen, tap on Add to Home Screen
- Now type Yalu in the provided box to name the app icon . Tap on the Add button and close Safari
- The Yalu icon will be on your home screen
Video: Watch to see these steps
Method 2 : Configuration Profile [ Advanced Method ]
Please ensure you follow these steps very carefully otherwise we can’t guarantee that Yalu jailbreak will be installed on your iPhone or iPad:
- Open Safari browser and then open this [ link ]
- Tap on Install Directly to iOS Device on the information page that loads, this is the part that lets the profile install on your device
- Wait for your settings app to open on the profile page and tap the link to Install Profile
- If you need to, type in your passcode and then your Safari browser will open
- Tap on Install Yalu and then tap Install on the confirmation message
- Settings opens once more, tap on Install > Next > Done
- Wait for the Yalu installation to finish
Method 3: Yalu Jailbreak [ Expert Method ]
Follow these steps in the order they are written .
- Plug your device into your computer. Back your data up using iCloud and iTunes
- On your device, disable Find my iPhone | iPad, Touch ID and your passcode [ this is only temporary ]
- Download the Yalu IPA File onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor [ ext link ]
- Open Cydia Impactor and open the location of the .ipa file. Drag the file into the open Cydia Impactor window
- Type your Apple credentials in and wait for Cydia Impactor to do its work
- When it has finished, unplug your device and open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Find the Yalu certificate and tap Trust
- Open the mach_portal icon on your home screen and wait a few minutes; your device will respring when everything is done and Cydia should be on your home screen
After Jailbreak :
- Remember that, because this is a semi untethered jailbreak, when you reboot your device you will need to repeat Step 1 each time.
- If you are using a standard Apple ID, Yalu certificate will run out after 7 days and you will need to Rejailbreak your device [ instructions in the linked article ].
- Download Cydia iOS 10 [ ext link ]
How to Fix Yalu Not Working Issue :
Because you need to use Cydia Impactor and your Apple ID to install Yalu jailbreak you are going to have to deal with it crashing within a few days and every time you reinstall it. This is because Apple can track what apps you use and will revoke the certificates on any that they see as invalid. The only way that you can stop this is to download Anti Revoke [ext link], a VPN Configuration tool that blocks Apple from revoking the certificates so check out the linked article for more information and a full download tutorial.
Alternative Apps to Yalu :
Not everyone is able to jailbreak right now but there are alternatives. There are several app installers released with some of what Cydia offered and these can be downloaded without the need to jailbreak. Have a look at these two alternatives:
Tutu-App was one of the first app installers released that worked without a jailbreak. It has a surprising amount of content in it, a reasonable number of Cydia tweaks, some modified apps like Snapchat++ and Pokémon Go++ and access to all the paid app store apps for free. To find out more about what is on offer and how to download Tutu App [ext link], click the given link
Emus4U has already proven a popular alternative for those who can’t install Yalu jailbreak because it is home to many popular games emulators. These emulators are one of the main reasons why some people chose to jailbreak simply because they give us our old-school console games on our devices. There are other apps and tweaks to choose from as well so click the given link to find out more and how to download Emus4U [ext link].
Do tell us if you opt for Yalu jailbreak or one of the app installers and let us know how you get on with it. Follow us on Facebook and we’ll keep you up to date with all the latest jailbreak news .
Tell us how you get on with Yalu and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.