iOS 10 was released to a great fanfare in September 2016 and, so far, there has been no word from any of our usual jailbreak teams on when, or indeed if, we can expect a jailbreak to be released. There have been numerous updates to the firmware but many users have stayed on the original version of iOS 10 in the hopes of being able to jailbreak it and today we can tell you that you can. Luca Todesco has, for the first time, released a jailbreak for the public to use and it is called Yalu.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10 Download
Before You Jailbreak :
We are going to show you how to install Yalu on your iOS 10 device but, first, cast your eye over the following caveats and make sure you understand them fully before you install Yalu.
- This is a beta jailbreak and is likely to be somewhat unstable and have some bugs in it. That said, try it anyway because you can Delete Yalu it if it doesn’t work for you.
- Like PPHelper before it, Yalu is a semi-untethered utility and you will need to be prepared to Re-jailbreaking your device every single time it reboots – more details on that after the guide
- Finally, you will not be able to install Yalu directly on your device like you are used to; instead, Cydia Impactor must be used to side load it on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
How to Download Yalu on iOS 10 :
Follow these steps in the order they are written .
- Plug your device into your computer. Back your data up using iCloud and iTunes
- On your device, disable Find my iPhone | iPad, Touch ID and your passcode [ this is only temporary ]
- Download the Yalu IPA File onto your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor [ ext link ]
- Open Cydia Impactor and open the location of the .ipa file. Drag the file into the open Cydia Impactor window
- Type your Apple credentials in and wait for Cydia Impactor to do its work
- When it has finished, unplug your device and open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Find the Yalu certificate and tap Trust
- Open the mach_portal icon on your home screen and wait a few minutes; your device will respring when everything is done and Cydia should be on your home screen
After Jailbreak :
- Remember that, because this is a semi untethered jailbreak, when you reboot your device you will need to repeat Step 11 each time.
- If you are using a standard Apple ID, Yalu certificate will run out after 7 days and you will need to Rejailbreak your device [ instructions in the linked article ].
- Download Cydia iOS 10 [ ext link ]
Tell us how you get on with Yalu and follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.