At long last, after many weeks of waiting, we have an iOS jailbreak. It is called Yalu Jailbreak [ about ] and it was released by Luca Todesco, the Italian hacker and developer that we have all come to know. This isn’t a straightforward jailbreak though and it doesn’t contain support for all iOS devices at this stage. So, before you go ahead and download it, cast your eyes over the possible risks and caveats to the Yalu Jailbreak .
Image : Yalu Jailbreak Download
Before You Jailbreak :
If you do opt to jailbreak your device using Yalu Jailbreak, you can but be aware that, as it a new jailbreak, so it could cause problems on your device. If you do have to restore your iOS device, you will end up on the latest iOS version which may not be jailbreakable.
Quick Links :
iOS 11 :
- iOS 11 [ Full Version ]
iOS 10 :
How to Jailbreak using Yalu :
Please follow these steps exactly as they are written to ensure success:
- Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac
- Backup your data through iTunes and iCloud [ this is important , if anything goes wrong with the jailbreak you will need to restore and will lose all your data and files ]
- Disable your passcode and Touch ID if applicable – go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad , go to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone | iPad
- Download Yalu IPA File onto your computer and remember where you save it to
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your computer and open it
- Locate the .ipa file for Yalu and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple credentials when asked to do so
- Wait for Cydia impactor to side load the Yalu Jailbreak onto your iOS device
- When the installation is complete, unplug your device and open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management and locate the Yalu certificate then click on Trust beside it
- Go to your home screen and launch the jailbreak , it will be called mach_portal
- Wait for a few seconds while it does what it needs to and for your device to respring , you should now see Cydia on the home screen
Your iOS device is now successfully jailbroken and has Cydia installed. As we said, this is a semi untethered jailbreak and, as such, whenever your device is rebooted, you will need to repeat Step 11 and Step 12 above to put your device back to being jailbroken.
Also, be aware that if you are using a free developer account from Apple, the certificate will expire after 1 week and you must re-jailbreak it again, using the steps from 5 onwards. If you have a paid developer account, this will not happen for 12 months from the date of installation.
Important Links :
You will also need to use another tool called Cydia Impactor to side load the jailbreak onto your iOS device and, for that you need an Apple developer’s account. You can use a free account but the jailbreak certificate will expire every 7 days and you will need to Re-Jailbreak your device again every time. If you use a paid developer account, the certificate won’t expire for 12 months. The links below take you to instructions on re-jailbreaking Yalu and deleting it if needed.
Let us know how you get on with it and for more of the latest news, follow us on Facebook .