iOS 10.3 is the latest version of iOS 10 to come from the Cupertino Company and, unlike the previous couple of updates, this contains several features that many users will want. While we expect most users to update, there will be those holding back, waiting for a new jailbreak to be released. Following an announcement by Luca Todesco that iOS 10 would be hard to jailbreak, Todesco has finally released Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10.3.
Image : Yalu Jailbreak iOS 10.3
Before Jailbreak with Yalu :
Yalu Jailbreak isn’t the usual type of jailbreak that you are used to though and here’s why :
- This is a beta jailbreak and Todesco warns that you may experience bugs and instability issues. He will be updating it in due course but be aware that it may not run as smoothly as you would like. You can, however, delete Yalu if it isn’t for you.
- If you are a seasoned jailbreaker or you installed PPHelper for iOS 9.2+, you will be used to dealing with semi-untethered jailbreaks and that is what Yalu is. For those who don’t know, this means having to rejailbreak each time your device is rebooted but we’ll tell you how to do that later
- Third, you must use another tool to side load Yalu onto your device as it can’t be directly installed. That tool is Cydia Impactor and we have a guide below on how to do it.
How to Install Yalu iOS 10.3 Jailbreak :
These steps must be followed exactly as explained below.
- Back up your data through iTunes and iCloud, leave your iOS device connected to your computer
- Disable Touch ID, Passcode and Find my iPhone | iPad [ you can enable them again later ]
- On your computer, Download Yalu IPA [ link ]
- Then download Cydia Impactor [ext link] and open it
- Drag the .ipa file into the open Cydia Impactor Window
- Now you will be asked for your Apple ID; input it
- Cydia Impactor will go ahead and side load Yalu to your device
- When it has finished, open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Tap Trust beside the Yalu certificate
- From your home screen, tap the icon named Yalu 102 mach_portal
- Wait while the Yalu installation has finished and your device resprings
- Cydia will now be on your home screen and the jailbreak has been successful
After Jailbreaking :
- When you reboot your iOS device you must repeat Step 10 and Step 11 to reinstall the jailbreak
- If your Apple ID is a standard free on, the Yalu certificate will expire after 7 days and you must follow the instructions in the linked article to rejailbreak.
- Download Cydia iOS 10.3 [ ext link ]
Are you going to install Yalu or wait ? Follow us on Facebook for all the latest news.