iOS 10.2 has recently been released and, while it is doesn’t bring any new features to the table, it does fix a few bugs and improve speed and performance. It also pushes the chances of a jailbreak just that little bit further back, leaving users with no access to Cydia and no way to modify their devices, given that we have heard nothing from the main jailbreak teams. Or it did until another developer stepped in to help us out. Luca Todesco has recently released Yalu Jailbreak for iOS 10.2 .
Image : Yalu iOS 10.2 Jailbreak
Before You Jailbreak :
Although this is great news, you should familiarize yourself with the following first.
- This is a beta based jailbreak and is likely to cause problems for some people. If it proves too unstable or buggy you can delete it easily
- You need to use Cydia Impactor to side load Yalu onto your device [ full guidance on that below ]
- Because Yalu is semi untethered, whenever your iOS device is rebooted you must reload/ rejailbreak Yalu [ more details after the guide ].
How to Install Yalu on iOS 10.2 :
These steps need to be followed exactly for the best chance of success.
- Plug your iOS device into your Mac or PC and use iTunes to back your data up
- Disable Touch ID, your passcode and Find my iPhone | iPad . You can turn them back on after the jailbreak
- On your computer, download the Yalu IPA File
- Next, download Cydia Impactor [ext link] and open it
- Locate the .ipa you downloaded and drag it to the open Cydia Impactor window , drop it in
- Type your Apple ID credentials in and then wait for Cydia Impactor to complete the side loading
- Once it has finished, unplug your device
- Open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management
- Find the Yalu certificate and tap on Trust beside it
- Go to your home screen and tap the mach_portal icon
- Wait while the installation completes and your device resprings
- Cydia should now be on your home screen and the jailbreak is complete
After Jailbreak :
- Be aware that, as this is a semi untethered jailbreak, when you reboot your device, you must complete Step 10 and Step 11 again.
- Also, unless you are using a developer Apple ID, the Yalu certificate will only be valid for 7 days after which you will need to Rejailbreak [ details can be found in the linked article ].
- Download Cydia iOS 10.2 [ext link]
If you do decide to download Yalu on your iOS 10.2 device, tell us what you think of it and, to stay updated with all the latest news, follow us on Facebook.