Apple’s bid to keep iOS 10 running properly and without bugs continues with the release of iOS 10.1.1. As well as being determined that iOS 10 is not going to be the unstable buggy iOS version of years gone by, they are also working hard on eliminating the chances of a jailbreak utility being released. Italian developer, Luca Todesco, has already warned us that iOS 10 may be hard to jailbreak and, with the lack of information from other teams, he has released a public jailbreak. Called Yalu, it fully supports iOS 10.1.1 .
Image : Yalu Jailbreak
Before you Jailbreak :
But there are a couple of risk factors to it that you need to know.
- Yalu is based on a beta jailbreak and some users may find it has some bugs and is somewhat unstable at times. This isn’t too much of a problem because Deleting Yalu is easier than installing it.
- Talking of installing, Yalu must be side loaded with the help of a tool called Cydia Impactor rather than installed directly on your device. The steps for that are given below
- Lastly, this is a semi-untethered jailbreak and, for those not used to these, you are going to have to get used to re-jailbreaking your iOS device whenever you reboot it [ more details on how to do that later ].
Download Yalu on iOS 10.1.1 :
Please make sure you follow these steps in order.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to your computer and back your data up through iTunes and iCloud
- Disable your Passcode, Touch ID and Find my iPhone | iPad [ they can be turned on again afterward ]
- Download Yalu IPA File on your computer
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] on your computer and launch it
- Open the location where the .ipa file is saved and drag the file to Cydia Impactor; drop it into the open window
- Now you need to input your Apple ID and password
- Wait for Cydia Impactor to sign the certificate and side load Yalu to your device
- Now you can disconnect your device and open Settings > General > Profile and Device Management
- Tap Trust next to the Yalu certificate and go back to your home screen
- Double tap the mach_portal icon and wait for the installation to complete; your device will respring
- Now you should see Cydia on your home screen and the jailbreak is complete
Rejailbreak iOS 10.1.1 :
Because Yalu is a semi untethered utility, you must repeat step 10 each time your device reboots. The Yalu certificate is going to expire after 7 days if you use a free Apple ID so you will need to Rejailbreak your device. Follow the guide at the given link and, for more details and updates, follow us on Facebook.