Now that Yalu Jailbreak has been released, many of you will be wanting to know how to use it. Before you go ahead and download it, you need to be aware that it is only in beta and is likely to be somewhat buggy. Also, it is a semi-untethered jailbreak, the same as the PPHelper jailbreak [ext link]. This means you will need to reinstall the jailbreak whenever you reboot your iOS device. You will also need an Apple ID [ if you don’t want to use yours, set up a dummy account ] .
Image : How to Use Yalu Jailbreak
How to Use Yalu Jailbreak :
Please follow these steps exactly as they are written to ensure success:
- Connect your iOS device to your PC or Mac
- Backup your data through iTunes and iCloud [ this is important , if anything goes wrong with the jailbreak you will need to restore and will lose all your data and files ]
- Disable your passcode and Touch ID if applicable – go to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode
- Disable Find my iPhone | iPad , go to Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone | iPad
- Download Yalu IPA File onto your computer and remember where you save it to
- Download Cydia Impactor [ext link] onto your computer and open it
- Locate the .ipa file for Yalu and drag it into Cydia Impactor
- Input your Apple credentials when asked to do so
- Wait for Cydia impactor to side load the Yalu Jailbreak onto your iOS device
- When the installation is complete, unplug your device and open Settings > General > Profile & Device Management and locate the Yalu certificate then click on Trust beside it
- Go to your home screen and launch the jailbreak , it will be called mach_portal
- Wait for a few seconds while it does what it needs to and for your device to respring , you should now see Cydia on the home screen
Your iOS device is now successfully jailbroken and has Cydia installed. As we said, this is a semi untethered jailbreak and, as such, whenever your device is rebooted, you will need to repeat Step 11 and Step 12 above to put your device back to being jailbroken.
Also, be aware that if you are using a free developer account from Apple, the certificate will expire after 1 week and you must re-jailbreak it again, using the steps from 5 onwards. If you have a paid developer account, this will not happen for 12 months from the date of installation.
Useful Links :
Let us know how you get on with the installation and if you have any trouble with it. Follow us on Facebook for more up to date developments.