Luca Todesco has today released his promised public jailbreak, called Yalu Jailbreak [ read about ]. However, it is only a beta version at the moment and that means it is likely to be unstable and will almost certainly contain some bugs and glitches.
Image : Delete Yalu Jailbreak
You cannot install it in the same way as usual; you will need to use Cydia Impactor [ext link] to do this and it is only a semi untethered jailbreak. This means having to reinstall it whenever you reboot your iOS device. Because of this, if you do choose to use it, you must be prepared for it not to work as smoothly as you are used to jailbreaks working. If you do install it and do find that it is just too buggy for you at the moment, you can delete it using a tool called Cydia Eraser.
How to Delete Yalu Jailbreak :
Cydia Eraser is a must have tool for all jailbreakers. Rather than having to restore your device back to the current version of the iOS, Cydia Eraser lets you remove the jailbreak without affecting the iOS version you are running. This means that, when the bugs are ironed out of the jailbreak, you can reinstall it. Here’s how to use Cydia Eraser to remove the Yalu Jailbreak from your iOS device:
- Make sure you are running the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Connect your iOS device to your computer and backup the data on it using iTunes
- Now plug your device into a charging source and ensure that you have a battery life of at least 20%
- Launch Cydia on your iOS device and install Cydia Eraser [ext link]
- Run Cydia Eraser on your device
- Choose the option for Delete All Data and Unjailbreak Device
- Next you will be asked to confirm that this is what you want to do so tap on Delete All
- The process of removing the jailbreak from your device will now begin; be patient as this may take some time and do not touch your iOS device at all
- When Cydia Eraser has finished, your device will reboot back to the Hello screen but will still be on the iOS version you started on
Please let us know what you think of Yalu jailbreak and why you needed to remove it. For more up to date news and the latest developments, follow us on Facebook .